Meliá Hotels International
bw communications supports Red Bridge Communications for Meliá Hotels International public relations activities in Indonesia to help strengthening the position of Meliá Hotels International as a global leading hotel operator, particularly in Indonesia.
The agreed communication objectives are:
- To generate positive media coverage/publicity for Meliá Hotels International signing agreement, hotel openings, and existing hotels throughout Asia Pacific and EMEA region with various angles from business, leisure, and lifestyle.
- To inform target public Meliá Hotels International’s commitment in further strengthening their position as one of the leading industry players helping Indonesia to grow in world tourism, supporting activities among others: new hotel signing agreements and hotel openings in Indonesia.
Media relations as an effective and powerful channel in reaching the target audience whereby Meliá Hotels International able to convey developed key messages through press releases distribution, spreading out news at organized Press Conferences inviting target media with the aim at generating publicity/articles in the media in Indonesia.
Program Planning & Implementation
The typical activities among others: press releases distribution, individual or group media trips,conducting Press Conferences, small exclusive media meetings and one-on-one interviews with target media in Indonesia; inviting local celebrities to experience the hotels’ facilities and services, including F&B’s and Spa.
On measuring the effectiveness of the strategies and tactics of the activities, the results are measured against the quality and number of the publicity, number of media events’ attendances, number of in-depth stories with the prominence of the key messages, some quotes, and strengthened media relations.
bw communications provided public relations assistance to Sennheiser Asia with the purpose of creating a brand awareness to the Indonesian public that Sennheiser, a German company, brand, manufacturers of wide range of headphones, microphone, and wireless transmission system. The focus was on the key messages, which sets Sennheiser apart, their expertise in audio industry.
The agreed communication objectives are:
- To build awareness through introducing Sennheiser as an audio specialist and its key ranges of products amongst the target market
- To generate positive media coverage/publicity for Sennheiser on its new products and company activities in Indonesia, by further strengthening its position as the world’s leading manufacturers of microphones, headphones, and wireless transmission system
- To further cultivate relationship between Sennheiser and Indonesia media
To help achieve these objectives, bw communications assisted with the media activities through the development of key messages – for local adaptation and relevance, after receiving the press release or guidance from Sennheiser HQ– and communicating them to a variety of media (print, electronic and on-lines), spreading out the news via organized media events, collaborating with Indonesian Key Opinion Leaders/ Influencers (celebrities, singers, fashion bloggers), as well as pitching stories for product review to the media with the aim at generating publicity/articles.
The success of the activities was measured against the number of the media eventsattendances, the articles released by the target media in the form of in-depth stories, with quotable quotes, and supported by strong visuals/pictures, and strengthened media relations.
At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy
bw communications provided At-Sunrice GlobalChef public relations support to help creating awareness amongst the Indonesian youths and parents about At-Sunrice Global Chef Academy to be considered as one alternatives when pursuing their studies in the culinary fields.
- To build awareness amongst the Indonesian youths and parents that Singapore is the Asia’s leading destination for education that offers comprehensive range of learning experience with At-Sunrice as one Singapore’s outstanding institute in mind.
- To inform the Indonesians especially youths and parents that At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is one attractive and promising institute for the potential Indonesian students and executives to pursue good quality specialized education in culinary fields.
- To inform youths and students in Indonesia that At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy has a mission to create, form/shape future global chefs through pursuing their career paths through this institute.
Media relation is an effective and powerful channel to use in reaching the target audience whereby At-Sunrice GlobalChef can convey the developed key messages, spread out the issue at an organized a small and exclusive media meeting with selective media for generating publicity / articles.
Program Planning & Implementation
The activities taken were a small exclusive media meeting and one-on-one interview with targeted media.
On measuring the effectiveness of the strategies and tactics of the activity, it was measured against media the attendance, the quality of the media coverage, in-depth stories with the prominence of the key messages, some quotes, and strengthened media relations.
Reasons To Enjoy Singapore
Following the world economy crisis, Singapore Tourism Board came up with a global initiative campaign with the theme 2009 Reasons to Enjoy Singapore. STB in Indonesia was supporting the campaign with highlighted angles that attracted the Indonesia market, reasons to enjoy Singapore from shopping, Singapore as a playground, or as a getaway from the hectic life, or simply just to the most awaited see world class performance, concerts, and shows.
The communications objectives were to create excitement amongst the target audience that Singapore was not only attractive but an affordable destination because of the lower prices adjusted by hotels, airlines so that people from Indonesia then had the reasons to enjoy Singapore.
Media approach has been effecting in reaching the target audience to diffuse the campaign 2009 Reasons to Enjoy Singapore. Celebrities who helped in delivering the key messages were credible local artists: Happy Salma and Joe Richards.
The success of the campaign was measured through media attendance, strengthened media relations, media coverage generated in the form of attractive and catchy articles aimed at STB’s ultimate audiences, nationwide.
KCB Convex - Thai Trade Mission
bw communications provided public relations support for KCB Convex for Thailand’s Trade and Investment Division, with the purpose of creating a better understanding and awareness amongst the Indonesians, through the commemoration of the 60 years of good relations between Indonesia and Thailand with the public relations activities : luncheon with media and a Press Conference prior to the event titled “Indonesia – Thailand Dual Trade & Investment Business Seminar Forum”.
The agreed communication objectives were:
- To generate positive media coverage/publicity on “Indonesia – Thailand Dual Trade & Investment Business Seminar Forum” by the selected key media
- To educate the Indonesians through giving the information and Thailand’s commitment to strengthen the existing good relationship with Indonesia, through the join cooperation on the Trade and Investment.
Media relation is an effective and powerful channel to use in reaching the target audience whereby:
KCB Convex can convey the developed key messages, spread out the issue at an organized luncheon prior to the seminar and forum with the media and also through a Press Conference on the seminar and forum for generating quality publicity / articles.
As well as the media relations which was strengthened, between the client and the targeted media, the coverage generated 70 articles, with in-depth stories, and prominence in mentioning the key messages and quotable quotes.
DHL Express Indonesia
DHL Express Indonesia a part of the world’s leading express and logistics provider, Deutsche Post DHL, has been named as one of the Best Employer in Indonesia, provides express services to the country, and builds connectedness among the business institutions.
We teamed up with DHL Express Indonesia in 2013; we immediately plunged right in, helping them define their story, creating media relations and identifying trends in the marketplace.
The core communications objective was to create DHL Express Indonesia’s positioning to be the trusted and most comprehensive source aimed at the customers and public at large. The focus was on the key messages, which sets DHL Express Indonesia apart, their expertise in transporting goods to 220 countries worldwide.
For over three years, our efforts focused on:
- Positioning DHL Express Indonesia as the expert and trusted partner in shipping, helping them translate complex topics on logistics into digestible advice for customers and media
- Capitalizing on DHL Express Indonesia breadth of in-depth data, whitepaper to offer reporters compelling, relevant information to be something easily understood
- Enhancing and bonding relationship with various media, showing them DHL Express Indonesia not only aimed at the business community, but also addresses their interest to a part of consumers’ lifestyle, for example paying attention to the fashion industry development
- The series of communications campaigns not only focusing on their business development activities, but also addressing their responsibility socially through series of Corporate Social Responsibility efforts taking place in various parts in Indonesia
- Featuring stories in fashion magazines, where DHL Express Indonesia welcomes and hosts media to visit their state-of-the art warehouses, appealing for fashion photo shots
- Exclusivity publicity, generated from media Interviews with angles focus on business, technology and consumer lifestyle; other examples of publicity on the company as an award recipient as the Best Employer, for five consecutive years
Singapore Grand Prix Seasons
bw communications provided public relations support to Singapore Tourism Board Indonesia to help strengthening the position of Singapore as premier lifestyle destinations. Singapore Grand Prix Season was to host spectacular F1 Rocks, for an impressive Asia’s night race with world class artists to entertain F1 fans, Singapore frequent visitors, pleasure seekers holiday makers from Indonesia.
The communications objectives were to increase awareness and generate intensive media
coverage from this annual iconic event. Agreed by the STB, the focus was on selected target audiences to be reached through respective target media, national, local, regional with angles on leisure and lifestyle.
One of the strategies was developing the key messages (locally adapted after receiving guidance from STB HQ to maximize awareness and publicity; conducting a media briefing in Jakarta by inviting key media including: leisure and lifestyle.
The success of the activities was measured against the number of the media briefing’s attendance, strengthened media relations and the articles released by the target media were in-depth stories, with quotable quotes, and supported by strong visuals/pictures.
Greenfields Ricotta Cheese
bw communications provided assistance to Priority Consultants on the launch of Greenfields Ricotta Cheese in Indonesia. It is an opportunity to encourage people to better educate themselves about cuisines and healthy living. Various types of cheese are becoming increasingly popular in Indonesia. People are excited about how they can recreate quality cuisines in the comfort of their own homes and that has been the main driver to introduce Ricotta cheese in the Indonesia market.
- To introduce to the publics in Indonesia that Greenfields has new variant cheese called Ricotta Cheese, which can be an additional/option to their dishes
- To build awareness of the company, Greenfields Milk, who provides the freshest milk, has a farm facility in Malang, East Java, home to over 7,000 Holstein cows ethically treated and scientifically managed by a team of veterinarians and nutritionists
- Inviting media to exclusive luncheon hosted by Chef Tommaso and Chef Fahmi who prepared special menu for the media: 3-set course of lunch using Greenfields Ricotta Cheese as ingredients
- Giving indepth comprehension on all the ranges and variants of Greenfields Milk products by Jan Vistisen, Head of Sales and Marketing Austasia Dairy Group
The launch event received a positive and welcoming responses by the audience. The success of the PR support was measured through evaluation of the media attendance at the exclusive media luncheon; company’s gaining further strengthened media relations; calculations of the numerous informative and positive publicity generated with over 60 media coverage comprising of quality articles, in-depth stories supported with impactful pictures, and containing the key messages.
ARAGOS – Dongeng Cinta Kontemporer II – Sujiwo Tejo
bw communications provided public relations support for Arki Ratri Gumantos (ARAGOS), to express The 2nd Contemporary Love Fairy Tale or Dongeng Cinta Kontemporer II by presenting it through attractive and modern performance of Wayang puppet at Gedung Kesenian Jakarta.
- To create awareness amongst the Indonesian young audience the “Dongeng Cinta Kontemporer II” a love story, expressed uniquely through Wayang performance
- To generate positive media coverage / publicity, nationwide, of the expression of “Dongeng Cinta Kontemporer II” – through Wayang performance
Media relations is an effective and powerful channel to use in reaching the target audience whereby Sujiwo Tejo can convey the developed key messages, spread out the issue at an organized media briefing and event, inviting them to watch the live performance for them to be able to give publicity / articles
The success was measured through evaluation of the media attendance at the media briefing and live performance. Apart from generating publicity in the target media, Aragos had a more strengthened media relations. 60 quality articles released, majority were in-depth stories, with impactful pictures and key messages.
Logam Mulia ANTAM
Logam Mulia is one of the business units of PT ANTAM (Persero) Tbk., it is the only gold and silver refinery in Indonesia. bw communications provided public relations support for Logam Mulia ANTAM to assist with the soft launching “Butik Emas Logam Mulia” in Gedung Sarinah Thamrin, Jakarta.
The agreed communication objectives were:
- To introduce and raise awareness of Butik Emas Logam Mulia among the target audiences through the target media.
- To generate positive media coverage/publicity on Logam Mulia butik launching with angles on business, trade, and lifestyle.
- Assisting in conveying the Key Messages, related to the opening of Butik Emas Logam Mulia, and the company background, aimed a variety and identified target media
- Conveying the Key Messages through the following activities: announcement at a press conference, distribution of information kit to selected media for better comprehension of Butik Emas Logam Mulia’s presence in the centre of the capital city
- Grabbing the opportunity for exclusive in-depth interviews in order to generate positive media exposure in selected media. Strengthening and continuing in cultivating media relations, as well as follow up with media event to the ones unable to attend but keen to have stories in their media
Our deliverables: identification of the target media, inviting them and getting their RSVPs, preparation the media kit, on-site support, submitting post event report, media monitoring of event for two months duration before submitting the final report.
On measuring the effectiveness of our support to the activity, it was measured against the quality and number of the media coverage in terms of public relations value, number of the press conference’s attendees, client’s feedback, and strengthened media relations.
NobelGuide Teeth In an Hour Dental Implant Procedure
Specialist Dental Group (of Singapore) was in need of public relations assistance from bw communications to build awareness of NobelGuide Teeth In an Hour Dental Implant Procedure in Indonesia. The challenge was for bw communications to be extra careful when promoting medical expertise, clinic facilities and presentation of patient’s testimonial from overseas.
bw communication lobbied and approached key media by advising them about the introduction of the dental implant procedure in an hour, and the response was positive where the media welcomed this good news. Hence there were no reasons for not holding a media briefing to introduce NobelGuide Teeth in an Hour procedure in Indonesia.
bw communications provided assistance to set communications objectives for the Client, that was to introduce, build awareness as well as highlight the advantages of NoberlGuide Teeth in an Hour Dental Implant Procedure to the target publics in Indonesia through media approach. While at the same time Specialist Dental Group, NobelGuide and Universitas Trisakti Faculty of Dentistry agreed to hold a seminar on Teeth in an Hour Dental Procedure whose audience were dentist associations and Universitas Trisakti Jakarta. In parallel media were invited to a briefing to give comprehension about the Teeth in an Hour Dental Implant Procedure.
The strategies were based on reviewing if there had been any past or existing media coverage on this or similar procedure, and what has been or is currently the overall perception of Teeth in an Hour Dental Implant
The measurement of the success of the media activity was through an evaluation of the quality of the target media, the number of attendance, the quality of the stories published by the media, and the stories which were in-depths.
Indonesia Business Links
Indonesia Business Links is a non-government organization, whose mission is to generate an understanding on the importance of how to conduct business responsibly in Indonesia. While teaming with IBL, we were challenged to assist in promoting The 4th International Conference & Exhibition on Corporate Social Responsibility. We were also challenged to seek media partners who potentially would be interested to support the event.
- Introducing IBL to the media, giving background information on who IBL personnel are, what are their vision and mission; the focus was on their expertise in CSR and business ethics.
- Promoting the up-coming event, informing in great detail to the media about the agenda of the Conference & Exhibition, as well as the controversial topics to be discussed.
- During the Conference & Exhibition, engage and involve the media who could gain more insights and take part the discussion in any of the sessions, for better understanding how CSR is important to be embodied in every organization.
- The exposure of the event was exceeding our expectations; because during the two-day conference & exhibition, surprisingly media showed their interest, wanting to know and learn more from the conference, which then helped them write better and in-depth articles.
- There were 17 media partners who supported this event, and the event generated some 37 media coverage (print, online and electronic media).
Pijar Entertainment - Maria & Naomi
bw communications provided public relations support for Pijar Entertainment to help in building awareness to the Indonesian public of the single album by the Duo Maria & Naomi.
It was agreed with the client that the communication objectives were:
- To build awareness through introducing Maria & Naomi amongst the target audience while at the same time attract new fans
- To generate positive media coverage/publicity for Maria & Naomi for their first release of their single album
To help achieve these objectives, bw communications assisted with the media activities through the development of key messages and communicating them to a variety of media (print, electronic and on-lines,) spreading out the news via an organized Media Briefing with the aim at generating publicity/articles.
The effectiveness of the activity was measured against the number of media attendance at the media briefing, strengthened media relations, media stories which mostly were in-depth stories highlighting the key messages, with quotable quotes, as well as supported with attractive visuals/pictures.
Tyco Fire Protection
Tyco Fire Protection Products is a strategically aligned business unit of Tyco International with globally recognized products sold under leading brands, while SIMPLEX is a leading global brand in the fire detection industry. The SIMPLEX product line includes a wide range of UL-Listed and FM-approved life safety products for fire detection, emergency communications, voice evacuation, security, and related solutions.
When we first time became acquainted with TYCO Fire Protection Products was when they asked us to assist in supporting the re-launch of SIMPLEX 4100ES as the next-generation platform in Fire Alarm System, our focus was on the media outreach, with the purpose to make their products heard more in Indonesia.
For the product re-launch, we worked on:
- Mapping the stakeholders who potentially have interest in this product. The Tyco team decided on two of their key stakeholders to focus on for the re-launch event, they were: the target industry players and the target media.
- Increasing awareness of SIMPLEX 4100ES and its competitive advantages, by generating media exposure, in order to reach out business owners, industrial practitioners, and corporations who can benefit from series of SIMPLEX products.
- The event had proven to be successful, on learning that responses received from the guests who were the industry players, who gained comprehension on the importance of having fire detectors in place properly and timely, as a prevention or early detection from possible occurrence of flames / fire.
- Generated feature stories in various and specific publications, e.g. mining and industry related publications; an increased of TYCO product and brand awareness resulting proven from media exposures as result of exclusive media interviews and product reviews.